The end of the year is a wonderful time to reflect on all the dumb things you did over the year so let’s do another fun tag. This probably should have been posted around or before Christmas but OH WELL.
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
Sigh. I only started reviewing ARCs this year and I already did this. But, to be fair, I mixed up one book with another and requested the wrong one and got super confused and then just didn’t read it and the other one… I already forgot. Oh well
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
Nope, I’m at 75% and I’m rather happy with that.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
WAY TOO MANY TIMES it’s just ridiculous. I am especially bad at this when it comes to books I really loved. I haven’t reviewed three of my top 10 books this year yet because at first, I wanted to think about them more and then I got lazy/life happened.
4. Folded down the page of a book
I do that with books when I don’t have a post-it with me to mark the page but when I’m back home I usually smooth it again. Unless I forget about it. Which probably happens a lot.
5. Accidentally spilled something on a book
6. DNF a book this year
I don’t think so! I started a few books and then stopped reading them but those are all books I definitely want to come back to at some point.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Pretty covers definitely influence which books I buy (that sounds so shallow but it’s true) but I don’t buy books JUST because of that. I’m not rich.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
That’s basically me all day every day.
9. Skim read a book
Never a whole book but definitely some chapters/scenes.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Nope, so far I always read a couple books more than I pledged so that’s cool!
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it
Well, I borrowed a couple books from a friend like four years ago and I still have them but I do intend to read them at some point and she knows about them and has a book of mine as well so it’s fine?
12. Broke a book buying ban
I don’t *really* do these I guess.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Oh god yes, this is also closely related to the promised reviews that never happen. I feel like I need to reread An Absolutely Remarkable Thing before being able to review it… ugh.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Sometimes I mark specific things or words in poetry collections but that’s about it. I’d like to annotate my books more though, I really like that concept.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
I don’t usually add short stories because they aren’t really full books but otherwise no.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
No cause my friends are good people and I would always lend them a book.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
No, I don’t even know how to do that.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I don’t have many hardcovers and I think I take good care of them, usually?
20. Sat on a book accidentally
This must be a yes because I always have a book lying on my couch or chair and I also sit in those places, obviously.
Okay so depending on how you see it I got an 8/20 or 9/20 which is nicer than I would have guessed? Apparently, I’m not that bad, whooo!
Please consider yourself tagged if you want to do this too!
See you soon ❤