this is some sort of update / what is going on / way for me to sort my life out blog post. feel free to ignore or not in case you’re interested in my life. I know that I am, haha.
also, yes, cat pic as the header because my kitty is cute af and everyone should see that. in case you haven’t followed me for long: he is called Merlin, is 11 months old and the light of my life. unfortunately, most of my cat pics are still on my phone but maybe I should do another cat pic post soon. I don’t know about you but it makes me very happy looking at dozens of pictures of this cutie.
what am I doing right now
Currently, I’m just sitting on my couch with my laptop on my legs. I’m waiting for the coffee to finish so that I can have lunch with my parents. Afterwards, I will go to this refugee tutoring thing. I hope today are actually people there. I really want to know how the older kids I talked to before are and how they are doing in school and where I can help them more.
what am I waiting for
I’m waiting for a response from the school I will go to in September but it’s not that big of a deal. Next Saturday is Pride in Munich and I’m definitely excited for that. I want to have loads of fun again and meet my friends and I hope it will be as great as the last two years! I’m also waiting for the local fair to start next Friday and I hope I can meet up with my friends there on the weekend. I’m also waiting for Spiderman Homecoming on Thursday (why is it out here later than everywhere else?? also, someone please force me to write the review asap or I’ll procrastinate it again). I’m also waiting for August because then I will travel again and see friends again and I’m so excited for it and I hope it will be great! And in a way, I’m also waiting for September and for school because I want to see how it goes and how easy or hard it is there for me.
what should I be doing asap
I should tell my parents about my travel plans but for some reason, I really hate doing that. But I’m going away in less than a month so I should update them at some point. I should also finally start learning or practising a couple of things that I should have started ages ago but I’ve been too scared or worried the whole time. I know it’s not getting better with time but… I just can’t bring myself to do these things. I also wish I would finally feel like learning a language again. I really want to practice either French or Swedish again but… meh.
what am I reading right now
I’m currently reading Eurovision! A History of Modern Europe Through the World’s Greatest Song Contest by Chris West and it’s so interesting. It combines the history of the Eurovision Song Contest with the history of Europe. So the author basically tells you what happened at the same time and also how Eurovision got influenced by various historical events. Two of my favourite topics are combined in this book and so far it’s just great.
what am I watching right now
Uhh… nothing? I finished The Get Down very recently and now I should start something else I wanted to watch for a while but I just don’t do it. I really want to get back into a few TV shows but the motivation just isn’t there. I started the fourth and last season of Skam recently and I should totally continue it. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t. I also planned on watching a few Game of Thrones episodes before the new season starts but I don’t know if I will manage to do so.
what are my plans
As I mentioned above, I’m going travelling again. I will go to Cardiff for a couple days in just a month with a friend of mine. I hope it will be fun and I hope we can see loads of things. Two weeks after I come back I will leave again, for Warsaw and then Berlin (just like I did in February, but shorter). I’m going to meet to of my very best friends again and I’m really excited for that! AND I will see those two lovely places without freezing my ass off, yay!
what kind of bigger things happened recently
- I was in a relationship for like a month and a half but it didn’t really work out. I still hope we will stay friends. So far it’s looking good.
- There is this group of young LGBTQ people who go to schools to tell kids (but not exclusively kids) about LGBTQ people in an effort to fight stigma etc. and I went with them once and it was great and I will go again. I have no idea how this will work out when I have school again but we will see. I’m trying not to pressure myself too much because then I’ll just get even more anxious about everything.
- I’ve now been to the refugee tutoring group four times and I hope I can continue going there in autumn when I have school again. It’s fun and I like helping people! And everyone there is super nice!
- I’m reading so much. It’s amazing. I’m currently at 72% of my 2017 reading goal and I’ve read so many amazing books! Yay!
- Last week I went to a friend’s prom and I saw some friends again I don’t see often and I was so happy because I saw several of them between one and three times within one week and I really like them and I realised I kind of missed hanging out with them? I really hope we can meet more often over the summer or something but I know I never ask people to meet for some reason (I don’t know, I just never do it? I think I should but then I just… don’t) and that makes that a bit harder. We’ll see.
- I’m really just enjoying this time off and it’s pretty great so far!
This is super random but I feel like I needed to do that at some point. If you’re reading this I hope you’re having an amazing day!
See you soon ❤